I have been bouncing between the same 5 pounds for about 3 months now. I lose them, then they come back. I lose them again, and then they come back. I’ve been in stalls before but never ones that have been this annoying. At first it didn’t really bother me because I was sort of at the “im comfortable at this weight stage” and was just kind of maintaining. Which is fine, I was totally cool with that. Especially since I was going to the gym every morning before work. So it wasn’t a big deal. I was able to cheat a little and splurge on some low carb junk food; which I honestly really need to stop. But either way, I decided to try an egg fast! and to my surprise, it was not near as bad as I thought it was going to be. So here is what I ate and here are my results!
Day 1: 156lbs
- Breakfast: 2 cream cheese pancakes, 1 deviled egg, bullet proof coffee.
- Lunch: 1 cream cheese pancake, 2 deviled eggs.
- Dinner: scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp cream cheese.
Day 2: 154lbs (2.6lbs lost)
- Breakfast: 1 cream cheese pancake with 1 tbsp cream cheese w/ cinnamon, vanilla and sweetener mixed in. 2 deviled eggs and bullet proof coffee.
- Lunch: 2 deviled eggs, 1 cream cheese pancake, 1 tbsp cream cheese and bullet proof coffee.
- Dinner: 2 sliced and fried boiled eggs, with mayo, mustard and 1 string cheese.
- Dessert: 1 tbsp cream cheese, 1 tbsp cocoa powder (dark, unsweetened), 2 tbsp sweetener, pinch of cinnamon and a drop of strawberry extract.
Day 3: 153lbs (1lbs lost)
- Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, green tea latte from starbucks (do as I say, not as i do lol)
- Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 mini pickles, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 string cheese and bullet proof coffee. *peed on a ketostix and i’m in super ketosis* AND NO I WASN’T DEHYDRATED, just to make that clear.
- Dinner: fat head crust pigs in a blanket (desperately needed a normal dinner at this point).
Day 4: 153.2lbs (0.2lbs gained)
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled egg with mozzarella cheese and hot sauce.
- Lunch: Salad (was craving veggies like WOAH by this point).
- Dinner: 1 fried egg, mozzarella and cream cheese flat bread.
Day 5: 154.6lbs (just got my period)
- Breakfast: bullet proof coffee
- Second Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 tbsp cream cheese.
- Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 2 mini pickles, 1 string cheese.
- Dinner: 3 cream cheese pancakes.
Ok, so! I obviously did not stick to the plan 100% and I def had some factors against me, including starting my period. I would NOT recommend doing this if you are nearing or on your period. The sweets cravings had me wanting to rob a day care for their milk and snacks. But overall, I feel like it was a success. During the week I felt amazing, and I never once thought about being hungry. I would literally have to watch the clock and remind myself to eat because the eggs kept me full and satisfied. I was absolutely no where as bad as I always imagined it would be, although I did have a gag moment at lunch on day 3! but I still love eggs! I do recommend having an “egg fast buddy” to do this with you. It helped SO much having someone doing it at the same time as me so we could talk about what we were eating, diff recipes we were finding and sharing our results and struggles. I am going to be doing egg fast round 2 this coming week; life has been super crazy these last two weeks and my eating habits have been far from perfect due to stress and lack of time to properly plan my meals. So, im really excited to give this another go and stick to it completely this time. I’ll let you know how it goes!!