This Air Fryer Broccolini recipe is the perfect side dish for any meal. It's quick, easy, and full of flavor! Broccolini is a hybrid vegetable that combines the best qualities of broccoli and Chinese kale. It has long, thin stalks with small florets on top, making it the perfect size for air frying. It is such a simple recipe with simple ingredients, yet the result is a delicious and healthy side dish that will impress your family and friends.
This crispy Broccolini is such a great side dish and a great way to get some green vegetables in your diet. This delicious side dish is a fast and easy side dish for your busy weeknights. With this delicious air fryer broccolini recipe, you will be able to put together a tasty and healthy side dish that everyone will love!
Broccolini is a versatile vegetable that is packed with nutrients and can be cooked in various ways. One of the most popular ways to prepare broccolini is by using an air fryer. Air frying allows you to achieve a crispy texture without using excessive amounts of oil. In this article, we'll share a simple yet delicious recipe for making air-fried broccolini
Here is a quick look at what you will need. You can find the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- Broccolini heads
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- Lemon juice, optional
See recipe card for quantities.
This is a quick overview of the steps. See the Recipe card below for the rest.
Wash your broccolini and let the water drain. Remove the leaves and cut off the end of the stems
In a medium bowl, add the broccolini, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
Add to the broccolini in a single layer to a preheated air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes on 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to flip the broccolini over halfway.
Remove from the air fryer and give a squeeze of lemon juice, if preferred.
Variations and Substitutions
- Spicy - add Red pepper flakes while cooking in the air fryer
- Sweet - drizzle honey over broccolini before cooking
- Garlic lovers - add minced garlic to the olive oil and mix before coating the broccolini. For more intense garlic flavor, sprinkle some garlic powder on top before air frying.
- Parmesan cheese - once removed from the air fryer, sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the broccolini and let it melt slightly before serving.
- Herbs and spices - experiment with different herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, or cayenne pepper to add unique flavors to your broccolini.
- Air Fryer
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
Storage: If you do have leftover broccolini, Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days
Freezing: You can store in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months
Reheat: To reheat, place the frozen broccolini in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Alternatively, you can microwave for a few minutes or heat on the stovetop.
- For a crispier texture, add a light coating of olive oil spray before air frying and add 1-2 minutes to your cook time.
- Experiment with different seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika to add more flavor.
- If you don't have an air fryer, this recipe can also be made in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Serve your air-fried broccolini as a side dish to your main dish. It will also make a great addition add it to salads, pasta dishes, or as a topping for pizza as it has more of a sweeter flavor than broccoli florets.
- Don't overcrowd the broccolini in the air fryer basket. This will prevent even cooking and may result in some pieces being overcooked while others are undercooked.
Yes, you can use regular broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time as it may take longer in the air fryer
Yes, you can use frozen broccolini for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking in the air fryer.
Broccolini is milder and sweeter than broccoli, with firm, crunchy stems, and leafy florets. Broccoli rabe has a strong, bitter taste throughout, from its stems to its leaves with firm, crunchy stems, and leafy florets. Broccoli rabe has a strong, bitter taste throughout, from its stems to its leaves
Air Fryer Broccolini
- Air Fryer
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- 1 lbs. broccolini heads
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Lemon juice optional
- Wash your broccolini and let the water drain.Remove the leaves off and cut off the end of the stems
- In a medium bowl, add the broccolini, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add to the broccolini to the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes on 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to flip the broccolini over halfway.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle some lemon juice, if preferred.