This low carb breakfast burrito recipe is a must try! I am all about providing delicious and healthy meal options for those who are conscious about their carb intake with only 6 grams of net carbs. As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and these low carb breakfast burritos are sure to be a hit!
These are also a great way to do some meal prep as you can prep in advance and have a quick breakfast. Having a tasty meal on hand will not only help you with your busy weekday morning but it is the perfect breakfast to start your day off on the right foot.
Here is a quick look at what you will need. You can find the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- keto tortillas
- Large eggs
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper chopped
- Red onion chopped
- Green onions chopped
- Sausage patties cooked and chopped into pieces
- bacon cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
See recipe card for quantities.
This is a quick overview of the steps. See the Recipe card below for the rest.
Scramble the egg mixture and set it aside.
Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions and peppers, and saute until softened.
Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and add the cheese, eggs, vegetables, sausage, bacon and green onions to the center of each tortilla.
Roll one end of the tortillas up and over the filling, and fold the sides in before continuing to roll the tortilla closed into a burrito shape.
Place the burritos into the air fryer basket, and spray with the cooking spray.
Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
Variations and Substitutions
- Spicy - add some hot sauce
- Vegetarian - substitute vegetarian sausage or omit the meat entirely, add additional veggies such as mushrooms, zucchini or spinach for a hearty and healthy option.
- More Low-carb - use lettuce wraps instead of tortillas, you can also use egg wraps in place of the low carb tortillas.
- Dairy-free - omit cheese or use dairy-free cheese alternatives such as almond or soy-based cheese.
- Sausage Options - switch up the type of sausage used, I love breakfast sausage but others such as chicken or turkey sausage for a leaner option, or spicy andouille sausage can be added for extra flavor.
- Toppings - get creative with your favorite toppings like avocado, salsa, sour cream, guacamole or even some crispy bacon to add even more flavor and texture to your burrito.
- Customize to Your Taste - feel free to mix and match ingredients and flavors to create your perfect burrito. Don't be afraid to try new combinations and experiment with different spices and seasonings.
- Air Fryer
- Frying Pan
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Freezing: You can store in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months
- Reheat To reheat, simply place in the air fryer or pan for a few minutes until heated through.
- Don't overfill your burrito - this can make it difficult to roll and eat and could result in a messy experience.
- Warm up your tortilla before filling - this will make it more pliable and less likely to break or tear while rolling.
- Using fresh, high quality ingredients will make all the difference in the taste of your burrito.
Absolutely! You can use any type of protein you prefer such as chicken, beef, or even tofu. Just make sure to cook it thoroughly before adding it to your burrito.
Yes, you can skip the meat and load up on veggies like peppers, onions, and mushrooms for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian burrito.
Answer: Yes, you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the burritos when ready to eat. This is a great option for meal prepping or making a quick dinner during busy weekdays.
Keto Breakfast Burritos
- Air Fryer
- Frying Pan
- 2 Large keto tortillas
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ Red onion chopped
- ¼ C. Green onions chopped
- 2 Sausage patties cooked and chopped into pieces
- 4 Slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Scramble the egg mixture and set it aside.
- Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions and peppers, and saute until softened.
- Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and add the cheese, eggs, vegetables, sausage, bacon and green onions to the center of each tortilla.
- Roll one end of the tortillas up and over the filling, and fold the sides in before continuing to roll the tortilla closed into a burrito shape.
- Place the burritos into the air fryer basket, and spray with the cooking spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, or until browned and crispy.