These Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms are a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional deep fried versions. With the rise in popularity of air fryers, more and more people are looking for creative ways to use them. These breaded mushrooms are an amazing choice for a snack or even a great appetizer that is sure to satisfy your cravings for the mushroom lover in your life.
This easy recipe for air-fried mushrooms would also be great finger food for game day! The best way to serve them is with your favorite dipping sauces for a guilt-free snack!
Here is a quick look at what you will need. You can find the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- Whole mushrooms cleaned and the stems on or off
- Eggs beaten
- Heavy whipping cream
- Almond flour
- Pork rind crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
This is a quick overview of the steps. See the Recipe card below for the rest.
Add the almond flour to one shallow bowl, and the eggs and heavy whipping cream to another. Whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream together well.
Place the pork rind crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste into another shallow bowl, and stir to combine.
Roll the mushrooms in the almond flour, dip them into the egg mixture, and then coat in the pork rind crumb mixture.
Place into oven at 350 fahrenheitAir Fry in a well-greased pan or Air Fryer Basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes in a preheated 400 Degree AirFryer, or until crispy and browned.
Variations and Substitutions
- Spices - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish or some other flavors like onion powder.
- Vegetarian option - substitute mushrooms with eggplant or zucchini slices and follow the same coating and cooking process.
- Cheese - Make it cheesy by adding shredded cheese to the pork rind crumb mixture before coating the mushrooms. You can also use different types of cheese like cheddar, mozzarella, or even blue cheese for added flavor.
- Sauce - Pair these crispy mushroom bites with a choice of your favorite sauces - marinara sauce for an Italian twist, ranch dip for a classic option, or sriracha mayo for some spicy kick. This makes a perfect appetizer for your low carb lifestyle.
- Shallow bowls
- Small bowl
- Air Fryer
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days
Freezing: You can store in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months
Reheat To reheat the breaded mushrooms, just pop them in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium or in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7 minutes.
- Make sure to space out the mushrooms on the baking sheet so they have room to crisp up and don't end up soggy
- Serve these crispy mushroom bites as an appetizer at your next party or game night for a crowd-pleasing snack everyone will love! You can also use them as a topping for salads or sandwiches for an extra boost of flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different types of mushrooms to find your favorite - portobello, cremini mushrooms, white mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, white button mushrooms, baby bellas, and shiitake are all great options that will add their own unique taste. Try not to go with larger mushrooms as you will have issues fitting in your Air Fryer. Smaller mushrooms will be a better option
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the egg wash with a mixture of non-dairy milk and cornstarch and use vegan parmesan cheese.
- For added crunch, mix in some panko breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese before coating the mushrooms.
- These crispy mushroom bites are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients - mushrooms are a good source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals such as potassium and selenium.
- Make sure to spray your Air Fryer basket with some Spray Olive Oil or avocado oil.
- Spray mushrooms with added oil on top for even cooking.
To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute the egg wash with a mixture of non-dairy milk and cornstarch and use vegan parmesan cheese. This will still result in a delicious and crispy dish without using any animal products.Visit the search results to see which questions come up under the People also ask section for your primary keyword, and answer them here
They are packed with nutrients. Mushrooms are a great source of vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and selenium. They are also low in calories and fat, making them a healthy option for snacking or as a side dish. So next time you're craving something crispy and flavorful, try making these crispy mushroom bites! They are a delicious and nutritious choice.
If the air is not hot enough, or if you overcrowd the basket, your food will not come out crispy. For best results, make sure to line them up in a single layer and you take them out when they have a golden brown color.
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- Shallow bowls
- Small bowl
- Air Fryer
- 12 oz. Whole mushrooms
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ C. Almond flour
- 1 ¼ C. Pork rind crumbs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ¼ C. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Add the almond flour to one shallow bowl, and the eggs and heavy whipping cream to another. Whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream together well.
- Place the pork rind crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste into another shallow bowl, and stir to combine.
- Roll the mushrooms in the almond flour, dip them into the egg mixture, and then coat in the pork rind crumb mixture.
- Air Fry in a well-greased pan or Air Fryer Basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes in a preheated 400 Degree AirFryer, or until crispy and browned.