These Stuffed Cucumber Boats are Perfect for any party. With a crispy and refreshing taste, they are sure to be a hit with your guests. Check out this delicious recipe that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also impress your guests at any party or gathering. These Stuffed Cucumber Boats are easy to make and full of flavor, making them a great appetizer or snack.
With these amazing ingredients, you can be sure to stay on track with your healthy diet. The creamy texture of the filling perfectly complements the refreshing crunch of the cucumber.
Here is a quick look at what you will need. You can find the full measurements in the recipe card below.
- Mini cucumbers
- Chopped grilled chicken pieces
- Cherry tomatoes cut into fourths
- Red onion chopped finely
- Crumbled feta cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
This is a quick overview of the steps. See the Recipe card below for the rest.
Cut and prepare your Tomatoes, Onions and chicken pieces
Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise, and scoop the seeds and flesh out from the center.
Smooth a tablespoon of hummus into each cucumber half.
Top each cucumber half with the red onion, tomatoes, grilled chicken and feta cheese.
Variations and Substitutions
- Vegan - substitute grilled tofu for chicken and omit feta cheese
- Gluten-free - use gluten-free hummus or make your own using chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic
- Paleo-friendly - replace hummus with mashed avocado and add diced bell peppers instead of onions.
- Hummus - Not a fan of Hummus? You can substitute with cream cheese instead
- Cutting Board
- melon baller or teaspoon.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days
- Freezing: I would not freeze
- Reheat No need to reheat
- For an extra kick of flavor, drizzle some balsamic glaze on top before serving.
- Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite toppings such as olives, artichokes or roasted peppers.
- If you don't have a grill, you can also use a grill pan on the stove for the chicken.
- Don't worry about making perfect cucumber boats, they will still taste delicious even if they're not perfectly shaped.
- For a party appetizer version, cut the cucumbers into smaller rounds and top with the same ingredients.
- To save time, you can buy pre-grilled or pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store.
- Jazz your Stuffed Cucumber Boats with some additional herbs and spices such as garlic powder, black pepper, fresh dill, olive oil, onion powder, a pinch of salt or anything else. The sky’s the limit!
- These Stuffed Cucumber Boats are not only tasty, but they're also a healthy and low-carb option for any meal or snack.
- They're perfect for summer gatherings, picnics, potlucks or just as a light and refreshing lunch.
- Experiment with different fillings such as tuna salad, hummus, quinoa or even mashed avocado for some added creaminess.
- Don't forget to share your creations on social media and tag us @rankiqapp so we can see all the delicious ways you've made this recipe your own!
Yes, you can make the chicken and cucumber boats ahead of time. Just store them separately in the fridge until ready to serve.
Answer: Yes, you can use shrimp or tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian option.
Answer: Yes, feel free to use your favorite cheese such as feta or goat cheese instead of mozzarella.
Stuffed Cucumber Boats
- Cutting board
- melon baller or teaspoon.
- 4 Mini cucumbers
- ¼ C. Chopped grilled chicken pieces
- 8 Cherry tomatoes cut into fourths
- 8 Tbsp. Hummus
- ¼ Red onion chopped finely
- ¼ C. Crumbled feta cheese
- Cut and prepare your Tomatoes, Onions and chicken pieces
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise, and scoop the seeds and flesh out from the center.
- Smooth a tablespoon of hummus into each cucumber half.
- Top each cucumber half with the red onion, tomatoes, grilled chicken and feta cheese.